Social Media Tools: Developing the Foundation for Inbound Marketing
Now that you see the potential of social media marketing for yourself and for your business, you need to establish your presence online. With an effective online presence, you can begin to attract people to what you have to offer instead of interrupting them with messages they donât want to hear. Inbound marketing is the process of attracting people to your website with information that matters to them.
The process of inbound marketing starts with having the right tools to do the job. The purpose of this course is to help you get started with the essential tools of inbound marketing â a blog and accounts on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Participants in this hands-on class will leave with a Facebook page, LinkedIn account, Twitter profile and a WordPress blog. These tools are required for the final two courses in the Universityâs Social Media Marketing Certificate, which examine how to practice inbound marketing and how to evaluate and improve your results.
Topics will include:
- The importance of a professional email address
- Setting up your Google profile
- Purchasing a domain name
- Developing an âabout meâ? statement
- Formatting a photo to use on all your online platforms
- Setting up a WordPress blog
- Creating Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts and linking your blog to those accounts
- How to auto-feed content to different platforms