Google Alerts are email updates of the latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.) based on your choice of query or topic. Choose your name, your business name or your website address.
Some handy uses why I use Google Alerts:
- monitoring a press release I posted about my business or myself
- monitoring a press release that I might have been part of that somebody else published
- monitoring when Google indexes my blog posts
- monitoring who’s linking to my website and what are they saying (this is kind of sneaky)
- monitoring who else is talking about my business and what are they saying (you can patrol
- monitoring who might be stealing your content)
- monitoring and staying current on a competitors (this can be fun)
Here’s the email I get whenever my name or my business name get’s indexed by Google. This can give you a lot of insight into how often you come up in conversation online.