The Humboldt Development Authority has recently launched a new website service to help local businesses find employees. WinnemuccaWorks.com – A free service that lets all local employers create an account and then post job openings.
“We think this new site will be a state-of-the-art platform for getting employer’s and job seekers together. One of the largest challenges we face in growing the local economy has been the difficulty that our businesses have had finding the employees that they need. This new site will potentially allow us to have a global scope in our recruiting efforts. The site will be a resource 24/7, every day of the year, and have a reach that traditional advertising and job fairs simply do not provide.” – HDA Board Chairman Pat Gray
Why Should a Humboldt County-Nevada, Employer Sign-Up and Use the Job Posting Tool – WinnemuccaWorks.Com?
- It is a free service.
- It will give an employer the ability to advertise for employees 24 hours per day, seven days per week, 365 days per year.
- This method of advertising can reach not only a local audience, but across the entire globe.
- Should help to attract more tech savy candidates, something every business needs these days in nearly every job position.
- Postings can be displayed when you want, for just as long as you need them. When not in use they can be archived, then retrieved, updated and reused.
- Using the most up-to-date search engine optimization technology, WinnemuccaWorks will continue to refine the content and update the site to maximize its rankings on Google, and all the major search engines.
- This is a case of us all being stronger if we work together. The more content we have, and the more postings that are made, the more powerful and effective the site becomes in attracting workers searching the internet for Nevada jobs.
- There are many, many job search sites out there, but what will set us apart is that this site will only post jobs for local employers. People looking for jobs in Northern Nevada will find us, and not have to sort though a pile of listings concerning work at home schemes, and jobs that are located elsewhere.
The site was the brain child of the HDAâ€™s Workforce Attraction and Development Committee, and has been designed and created by Westward Strategy of Sparks, Nevada. The funding for WinnemuccaWorks.Com was provided by the Humboldt Development Authority along with a grant from the Nevada Commission on Economic Development.
If you have any question about the site or how to use it, call Bill Sims, Coordinator, Humboldt Development Authority, at (775) 623-1064 or use the “Contact Us” form at www.winnemuccaworks.com
Also featured in the THE HUMBOLDT SUN: July 18-21, 2008
Volume 39, Issue 58. Read the Full Article – Local Employment Website Now Avaialble
Featured in the Las Vegas Review Journal