Westward Strategy, a Reno Web Design Company, and Kristy Crabtree, a Web Designer in Reno – will be teaching 2-two day courses for UNR’s Extended Studies Social Media Marketing Certificate.
The first course will be a simple step – by-step guide to getting your WordPress Blog setup, stylizing your look and feel and then creating content that will keep your audience coming back and wanting more.
The second course will focus the next steps for developing strategies using online tools effectively to improve your bottom line. In this hands-on class, you’ll learn how successful businesses large and small are using social media effectively and brainstorm social media strategies that will generate income for your business.
Apr. 26 & 27, 2011 (Tue. & Wed., 6 – 9 p.m.)
Create your own blog and blog-based website with WordPress, an open-source blog tool offering a wide variety of features and a large supporting community. This course will guide you through the fundamental processes for building and maintaining your blog-based website from setup and design to marketing and search engine optimization (SEO). With step-by-step guidance, you’ll learn how to develop and customize the look of your blog-based website, integrating widgets, plugins, themes and more. You’ll also learn practical ways to use your blog for business, build your personal brand, establish expertise in your field, and create and maintain new sources of potential revenue.
Topics will include:
- Setting up a domain, hosting and SEO
- Understanding the Dashboard interface
- Selecting the best blog design theme
- Using plugins to extend functionality
- Creating valuable content
- Marketing and monetizing your blog
May 10 & 11, 2011 (Tue. & Wed., 6 – 9 p.m.)
You have all the tools you need for effective social media marketing — a blog and accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Google, and LinkedIn. The next step is developing strategies for using these tools effectively to improve your bottom line. In this hands-on class, you’ll learn how successful businesses large and small are using social media effectively and brainstorm social media strategies that will generate income for your business.
Topics will include:
- Developing your website as the center of your marketing strategy
- Using your blog to bring people to your website and enhance your website’s position
- Leveraging Facebook to build your expertise and communicate with your customers
- Marketing your business using LinkedIn tools to develop leads
- Driving traffic to your business and website with Twitter
- Strategic differences between service and product companies