What is Search Engine Optimization?
There’s no sense in spending money on a nice website if your potential customers can’t find you.
One of the most cost effective methods to make your website more visible is with search engine optimization (SEO) services.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) includes on-page development and off-page optimization strategies to improve website traffic from search engines, conversion of those visitors into buyers or customers and to improve a website’s position in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). Also called Natural Search Optimization or internet marketing, the process can include the following procedures:
- Keyword Research
- Link Building
- Viral Marketing Campaigns
- Social Media Marketing
- Internet Advertising
- Keyword Density Improvements
- Landing Page Development
- Information and Page Architecture Improvements
What Does an SEO Marketer Do?
The focus of an SEO Marketer’s work isn’t primarily to rank the highest for certain terms in search engines, but rather to help site owners fulfill the business objectives of their sites. An SEO Marketer will strategize and create an internet marketing campaign that works towards driving organic search results to pages and will continue to manage the ongoing strategies through:
- Setting up analytics programs to enable site owners to measure their successes
- Paid advertising on search engines and other pages
- Suggesting building high quality web pages to engage and persuade
- Addressing technical issues that may keep search engines from crawling and indexing those sites
- Providing data on a monthly basis to show improvements
- HTML/CSS coding to separate structure and presentation.
PROs of Search Engine Optimization
- Focusing on desirable traffic generates better quality sales leads, resulting in more sales.
- Search Engine Optimization is primarily concerned with advancing the goals of a website by improving the number and position of its organic search results for a select variety of relevant keywords.
- SEO strategies may increase both the number and quality of visitors.
- Search Engine Optimization is sometimes offered as a stand-alone service or as a part of a larger marketing effort, and can often be very effective when incorporated into the initial development and design of a site.
- Search Engine Optimization is most effective when used as part of a smart integrated marketing strategy.
CONs of Search Engine Optimization
- Ranking well does not guarantee more sales.
- Successful internet marketing campaigns may drive organic search results to pages, but it also may involve the use of paid internet advertising.
- While endeavoring to meet the guidelines posted by search engines can help build a solid foundation for success on the web, such efforts are only a start.
- Paid submission programs guarantee inclusion in their search results, but does not always guarantee specific ranking within the search results.
- Overly aggressive and/or unethical techniques get their clients’ websites banned from the search results.